I am totally blushing in the face and feeling all kinds of special, friends. I have been nominated by an amazing food blogger and teacher over at Tanushree’s Delicacies for the ‘Beautiful Blogger Award’. (Um, Indian food? I die. And she’s taught me so much about it!) What an honor..and a treat to connect with some awesome fellow bloggers both nationally and internationally who have inspired me so much in my short blogging journey.
As you guys know, Nourished Peach is so dear to me for many reasons: It allows me to focus on my passion, it allows me to connect with YOU, it allows me to learn from and create relationships with amazing people of the same passion, and, most importantly, it allows me to work while still being home with my children full time. Im blessed. Beyond words. So to receive this honor…it basically leaves me speechless..except for the fact that Im forced to share 7 random things about myself. You just may want to stop reading now 😉
- I can’t stand saying, typing, hearing or reading the world
creamy.You see that there? I had to draw a line through it to make it go away. It grosses me out. And I am not going to go into detail as I would hate to bring you along with me in my discomfort with the word…you’re better off not knowing the gory details. There have been countless times while writing that I have had to come up with other ways to describe a dish, when, in all actuality creamywas the best way to describe it. But I can’t. I just can’t
- I am called ‘Missi” by many. My entire life. Never been my favorite name, but Ive answered to FAR worse 😉 Call me what you want, as long as you call me.
- I am completely unhip to new music. I hardly ever listen to the radio and am not a fan of todays pop music. My iPod constantly cranks out artists like Paul Simon, Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra, Ryan Adams and the old and reliable Jack Johnson music. Ok, fine, sprinkle in some Raffi and Daniel Tiger, too. One exception: Bob Schneider. Giant crush, folks, for years. Sign me up for his new music any day of the week-not a better person in the world to see live, too.
- I pray. Often. Not necessarily outwardly, but in my head and heart. I am close to God and share my troubles, worries, greatfulness and joy with Him constantly. And my hopes are that I can pass that awesome relationship on to my children.
- I am the youngest of 6 kids. Yes, I know. Growing up in a large family has been pretty much awesome. And dramatic. And overwhelming. And the biggest joy in the world. I can’t begin to tell you how much I have learned from my parents and siblings.
- I have absolutely no idea how to work my camera and I have no special editing tools on my computer. I kid you not, ask me what kind of camera I own and I couldn’t even tell you right now. All I know is that my husband bought it for me for my first mothers day-thank you for pushing me to do this, dearest darling;) I point. And shoot. And hope for the best. Probably not the best way to go about blogging-hoping a class or two is in my near future.
- I have to wing presentations and meetings. If I prepare too much, I psyche myself out. My news segments? I have no clue what I am going to say when I get there. My past sales job? Role playing totally gave me anxiety and made me fail miserably. Talks that Ive given? Again, I hope for the best. What is wrong with me?! I have to speak spontaneously and from my heart-I am unable to script out words or plan for what I am going to say.
I hope you all know how much I appreciate all of the sharing, commenting and support you have shown me with Nourished Peach. You are absolutely, positively the reason I can keep this thing going-I appreciate YOU xo
To pay this awesome award forward, Id like to nominate and share with you 7 bloggers that totally inspire me and deserve to be nominated. Take a peek at their blogs, you guys…so fun to follow them!
(fellow bloggers-share this award with your readers along with 7 ‘random things’ about yourself and 7 blogs that you are inspired by)