Friends, new things are on the horizon, and I just couldn’t wait to share what’s happening with you any longer. How long have we been together now? Some of us for almost four years, no? Can you believe that? Let me just say that your support has made so many opportunities possible for me and I feel beyond grateful for that. And I’m so excited to share the latest of those opportunities, one that is already so near and dear to my heart.
As you likely know by now, I am all about the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I strive to keep myself and my family living a healthful, nourishing life. And that leaves 20% to just simply “do what feels good or right”. Some of you may not agree with this mentality, but it is most definitely what works for me and helps me keep things manageable and achievable in everyday life. You already know we eat this way; we fill our everyday diets with mostly good but indulging a little is totally acceptable. Continue reading
Can you believe it’s February already? How is this happening, you guys? It seems like just yesterday we were in the midst of Thanksgiving preparation, and now, we are full blown into winter and darn near our decent into Spring. Spring! I mean I know I’m jumping the gun a bit here…but it will be here before we know it, no?
And that pretty much makes me feel all sorts of crazy emotions. Because spring equals baby’s arrival…eek! I can’t even begin to tell you how insanely fast this pregnancy has gone..wow. I mean we have two trimesters under our belt and one to go; I swear I blinked and here we are. And while I have seen so incredibly many changes in myself/my body during these last several months, there is positively one thing that has remained constant throughout this entire journey….CITRUS FRUIT. Continue reading
So my guess is that we’ve all experienced pickled veggies of some sort, whether from a food truck putting out stellar street food or topped on an entree at an upscale restaurant. I heart pickled ANYTHING. Zingy is just simply the perfect compliment to so many dishes.
So when I had a fridge full of fresh, gorgeous radishes they were screaming ‘pickle me please!’ And I have eaten an entire jar in one day. Continue reading
How was the weekend? It’s officially spring, friends..congratulations..you’ve made it! I’m feeling awfully grateful that ‘technical’ winter is behind us…now if we could just get these temps (and random bouts of snow) out of the equation.
So with spring comes lighter food, which I am feeling so ready for. You know I’m all about soups, stews and gratins but there comes a point in time when a change of food is in order…and around here our changes in food tend to come and go with the seasons. Continue reading